Monday, September 6, 2010

Introduction,

My name is Fahhan Ozcelik, born in Ankara Turkey on March 29, 1957. 


My brief description of the professional career is;  a Senior Business Executive with 20+  year career driving growth,  profitability & operational excellence in  multinational companies as a highly skilled professional with extensive operating experience in start-ups, acquisitions and turn around in multinational and multi industry environments who achieved consistent delivery of profitable growth behind strong strategies to the vision, best of the best organizations, execution excellence, and developing a sustainable and dynamic product portfolio.



This honestly sounds like bragging! However, one needs to brag at this stage rather than being modest in our World today.



Since my birth, I can say that I had gone through critical passages in my life where at the end I had to make critical decisions for my pathway to move forward. I believe, this statement  is very valid for anybody else around me.



So, in order to be able to brag as above, I can point out these critical milestones for me as;

-      My forced entry to Robert College at High School by my mother’s wishes in 1971 (never regretted her decision on my behalf after my graduation though before I used every opportunity to terrorize her with my discomfort that I regretted a lot)

-      My decision to become a Tour Leader after my University gone on indefinite closure due to student activities in 1977 (been a turn point in my life building self-confidence and learning my talent for leadership)

-      My balanced choice of continuing my education in spite of a wonderful tourism lifestyle that I had been enjoying a lot in 1977 (I learned that the coincidences and networking can help individuals a lot)

-      My direction to complete my studies for the business life-entry invitation in 1980 (I learned from a great teacher of mine after he failed me that there are things that you have to do even you don’t like to reach your ultimate aim)





-      My ambition to become an entrepreneur and learning curve to learn how naïve I am in 1983 (I took the dire territorial choice to speed up building my capital but learned one can still make the best out of the worst with the right will)

-      My awakening to for what I enjoy in professional life combining the talent I have and the challenge I face in 1986 (I found the dynamic environment with people interaction is what I am looking for)

-      My floating in emotions in 1992 (I ended up in vacuum of my career but managed to put my course back in order, good learning for the future that I did not know at that time)

-      My life and career moved into the accelerated growth path in 1994 (met my future wife and my tough but fair boss)

-      My serious industry change in career in 1999 (never dreamed to be in FMCG & ended up there)

-      My financial hit forced me to swallow my self-promise in 2001 (learned to say never again and be open-minded for the opportunities)

-      My soft landing to another industry change in 2008 (again networking worked for me)



Currently, we are going through another phase of the change management both in our personal life and the career decision. So far, we moved in Belgium, I also have Belgian citizenship, for our daughter’s education in the direction she would like to have. I went through a chaotic phase of my life, that I can count as an added experience now. As for the career side, I am testing myself this time not in a different industry but on a different platform.



So far so good for my first writing, I will continue sharing in depth my life and work experiences with a focus on the character traits in social life and leadership imperatives in management.

No comments:

Post a Comment